Get 10% when you Subscribe Below
Bardall's Stock Refinishing Kit
BARDALL’S MILITARY Stock Refinishing Kit.
1. Setup a work space that your stock can sit without being contaminated with dust or other contaminates.
2. These instructions are prepared assuming your stock has been stripped and ready to be refinished, if you haven’t stripped your stock, there are several different ways to do so and with a little research and time you can have it ready to refinish.
3. Now take out the contents of the Bardall’s Refinishing Kit, there will be 1 oz bottle of orange oil, 2 1oz bottles of 50/50 Orange/Linseed oil & 1 1oz bottle of Linseed Oil. Also, inside kit will be a finch Scotch pad and Polishing wax. Other items you will need to get started are a Microfiber Rag or cotton, and some rubber gloves to protect your hands.
4. Starting with a stock ready to refinish, you will want to open the bottle of Orange oil, pour a light amount into rag and start rubbing into the stock, continue this process until you have covered stock completely one time. The orange oil is acting as a cleaner and conditioner. After you lightly rub in one coat, repeat the process a second time and wipe down when finished. Now you will need to let stock sit until it appears dry.
5. Now your ready to start the 50/50 Orange Oil and Linseed Oil. The reason for the 50/50 mix is to thin the Linseed oil to allow Linseed Oil to soak in deeper into wood. Pour a liberal amount of 50/50 into rag and liberally rub in the 50/50 into stock. You want the first 50/50 coat to be pretty thick, almost dripping. Once 1st coat is applied, let sit for an hour and wipe down and repeat a second time with liberal amount. Let second coat sit for an hour and wipe down. Now you will need to let stock sit for 24 hours.
6. DAY 2. Now take the scotch pad and lightly rub the stock and handguard, this will knock down any raised grain and remove the slight shine on the wood. Inspect stock for smoothness and any raised grain, continue rubbing with scotch pad until desired smoothness is reached. Once this is done, rub stock down with clean rag. Inspect that stock is clean and smooth.
7. Grab the 50/50 Orange/ Linseed Oil and start applying a 3rdliberal coat of 50/50 to stock and handguard. Once 1st coat is applied let sit for an hour and wipe down and repeat a second time with liberal amount. Let second coat sit for an hour and wipe down. Now you will need to let stock sit for 24 hours.
8. Now your ready for the Linseed oil. Pour a liberal amount of Linseed oil into your rag and start rubbing it on your stock and handguard. Coat the entire stock and let sit for an hour and reapply and wipe down the excess. Now you will need to let stock sit & cure for at least 2 days.
9. Once you have lit it cure, you’re ready to repeat Step 8. Coat the entire stock and let sit for an hour and wipe down the excess. Now you will need to let stock sit & cure for at least 2 days. You can repeat this step as many times as you would like however 3 times with good coats will be good.
10. Now let stock cure for 3 days.
11. Your stock and Handguard are ready to be polished. Grab the can of Bardall’s polishing wax and start applying a thin coat rubbing in a swirling motion. Once you have rubbed on a thin coat of wax, let stand for 15 minutes and buff. Repeat this process until you reach your desired sheen. The wax will seal your stock and apply a nice sheen to the finish.
Visit us at bardalls.com for additional information, Stock stamp Cartouches & refinishing product.